Sherwin Ganpatt, Owner & Director, Pinnacle Health and Performance Center
Sherwin Ganpatt has always been passionate about the development of human potential. Sherwin’s character is best depicted by his unrelenting desire to learn and improve,
as he continues to dedicate long hours to the study and review of medical and scientific advances that are relevant to the health industry. Under his leadership, his
company - Pinnacle Health and Performance Center - is in a constant state of development.
Sherwin's Early Life
Born to a family with an extensive military background, Sherwin was motivated to explore multiple disciplines of hand-to-hand combat training. He was first introduced to training by
Sensei Mike Woodford, who coached him in martial arts and guided him to attaining his black belt at the tender age of 14, while he was still a young student. Later, Sherwin met
Greg LeBoeuf, a hand-to-hand combat instructor for various elite military groups including JTF2, the Navy SEALs and SWAT. Greg became Sherwin's most influential mentor, leading him to
live at the UCS training center for the next 12 years, where he dedicated 8-12 hours per day to training.
During his teen years, Sherwin Ganpatt travelled to Los Angeles on a regular basis to train with his mentor’s instructors, and his hard training paid off when he became the youngest
instructor in the PFS organization of California to obtain full certification at the age of 17. Later, at the age of 25, Sherwin received his UCS instructor certification, which makes
him the only trainer to ever be certified by this body, to date. By this time, Sherwin had received training in boxing, kickboxing, kali, Jeet Kune Do, Brazilian Ju-jitsu and full
contact stick fighting, though he still felt the desire to venture into strength training.
Strength and Health Training
Being a voracious reader, Sherwin sought information on strength training from all the books that were accessible to him. By practicing what he studied, assessing the results and
refining his approach, Sherwin was able to identify the set of skills that he needed from his next mentor. This led him to Charles Poliquin, an internationally famous strength coach
and medicine practitioner.
One of the most useful pieces of advice that Sherwin obtained from his two exceptional mentors – Greg and Charles – was to always seek the most skilled person in any field and train
directly under them. By following this rule, Sherwin was able to acquire a variety of skills as his interests grew to include the fields of health and anti-aging. He sought the best
teachers in different areas including ayurvedic medicine, lab testing, gastrointestinal health, detoxification, rehabilitation, metabolic syndrome, Chinese medicine, psychology, hypertension
and cardiovascular disease, hypnosis, biofeedback, brain chemistry, NLP, endocrinology, and genetics, among others.
Sherwin has managed to build a large network of experts to share his ideas with. He is in constant communication with them, either over the phone, or on the countless trips that he
makes to meet them in person.
Certifications and Training
Some of the accomplishments and courses that Sherwin has undertaken include:
- PICP Strength Coaching: certification to provide personal training for athletes at a professional or international level
- BioSignature Modulation: procedure that facilitates weight loss and improves health through hormone balance and personalized nutrition guide
- Trigenics Soft Tissue Specialized Procedure: a practice that relieves pain while increasing strength and movement
- Biochemistry & Physiology at Mount Royal University: skilled in the assessment of human cells and facilitate optimal performance
- RHN (Registered Holistic Nutritionist): expert in the provision of professional consultation on optimal nutrition (natural) and complementary therapies
- Fascial Abrasion Technique: procedure that employs a tool to treat painful conditions caused by injuries or overuse disorders that result in fascial restrictions
- CHEK Golf-Bio Mechanic Specialist: skilled in procedures that help to solve golf-related handicaps
- Fascial Stretching: stretching exercises that specifically target the connective tissue in joints – fascia – for increased flexibility, better performance and protection against injuries.
- Pranic Healing, Reiki, Kriya Yoga Meditation: non-intrusive procedures to facilitate the proper flow of energy to increase calmness and relaxation
As Sherwin's knowledge and experience grows, he is constantly consulting with various experts and refining the programs offered at Pinnacle Health and Performance Center. To learn
more about what Pinnacle can do for you, contact us today for your free consultation.